Today was a little rough. I had a customer who called our corporate offices to complain about me, so my boss got a call from his boss about it. That’s never good. The customer’s complaints were unfounded and mostly were an excuse to air twenty-five years of perceived grievances to someone who had to listen, but it still made me feel like crap. It totally colored the rest of my day, so I needed to pick out some good things to help my perspective.
Good things about today:
• One more day until the weekend.
• Even though my dad hit a moose with his truck this morning, he’s fine. (The truck and the moose are a different story, sadly.)
• I ordered something for myself online about ten days ago and, after the tracking stalled out for days, making me think the package was lost, I got word it was delivered to my post office box today.
• I had music rehearsal tonight for church on Sunday. Generally, it doesn’t matter what kind of day I’ve had, going to rehearsal and belting out some songs resets my mood. It helps that the people in the band are some of my closest friends so it’s more like a jam session than a rehearsal.
• I got home from rehearsal early enough to pack up the garbage tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Now all I have to do in the morning is take the can out. It’s rare for me to be on top of trash day; it’s usually a morning-of, panicky fiasco.
• I don’t have a safety meeting in the morning, so I get to sleep in an extra half-hour.
Here’s to a good night’s sleep to shake off the funk and a better, more productive day tomorrow!